Permit Advisors is the leading provider of permit expediting services and entitlement management in California. Being based in Los Angeles, we are uniquely positioned to service all areas of Southern California through our main office in Beverly Hills. With local teams in San Diego, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Concord our service extends to the entire state. Our experience in every jurisdiction throughout California means you’ll get the results you need, and on time permits to keep your construction project on track.
While processes can differ from one jurisdiction to the next, there are additional items must consider when building in California. This state has additional energy efficiency standards, seismic requirements, air quality control, and recently updated codes (2017). While California offers retailers, franchisees, and real estate developers some of the most sought-after locations for commercial construction, local design standards, review boards, formula retail, and complicated zoning codes can severely impact permit timelines.
Our Full Service Permit Expediting Includes:
- Submittal (in-person to each department)
- Follow-Up / Pushing Projects Forward
- Retrieval / Relaying of Comments
- Representation (at hearings / meetings)
- Reporting (Submittal, Weekly Calls, Program Status Report, RTI Report)
Items to Consider:
- Title 24 – Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations, known as the California Building Standards Code or just “Title 24,” contains the regulations that govern the construction of buildings in California.
- Formula Retail (San Francisco) – Formula retail uses are commonly referred to as “chain stores.” Under Section 303.1 of the San Francisco Planning Code they are defined as a type of retail sales activity or retail sales establishment that has eleven or more other retail sales establishments in operation, or with local land use or permit entitlements already approved, located anywhere in the world.
Permit Advisors has spent years forming relationships in municipalities across California to ensure a smooth permit process for our clients. No matter where you’re planning to open your next retail store, restaurant, hotel, fitness center, our experts will pave the way to permit issuance! Contact us today!